Friday, January 2, 2009

Just Two Days In...and Already Three Are Gone!

Hey Everyone:

Two days into the new year and the city of Baltimore already has three murders. Two of those happened at about 5am today. The other one was yesterday and the victim, who was shot by his own cousin, was a friend of mine in middle and high school.

Please pray that God would be pleased to use His people to send His gospel into the city where it will penetrate the hearts of sinners and bring about salvation for their souls. And please, when you hear about another murder on the news or read it in the newspaper, please remember to pray for the victims’ families and the soul of the murderer that they perhaps will come to salvation. It's easy to hear of violent murders and shake our heads in disgust and judgment. It's more difficult to remember to sincerely care about human life. These folks have souls that have either entered into eternal rest with Christ, or have been awakened to the realities of hell.

I love the city of Baltimore. I spent a lot of time there in my days before Christ and was saved at a church in Southeast Baltimore where I remained until I came to Hope Bible Church (where I am now a member). It pains me to see “my city” in the condition it is in. I can understand now why Jesus stood at the gates of Jerusalem and wept.

Please join with me in prayer for the city. Thanks everyone. Love to all.

1 comment:

Karsten Miller said...

Mike,

It grieves me to hearing of the murders and killings going on. not just in Baltimore, but all over the world. I will definetly pray for the salvation of the murderers and the families involved. This is something that hits many of us. We all know someone who has experienced tragedy. Yes, were sin abound, grace more abounds. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you brother. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Karsten Miller